Check out all the details over at the Sizzix blog.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Monday, July 28, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
To make this card, you'll need:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos®: Lemon, Green Tea, Pistachio
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens: Black 199, Scarlet Red 118, Pink Madder Lake 129, Light Cobalt Turquoise 154, Permanent Green Olive 167, Dark Chrome Yellow 109, Orange Glaze 113, Warm Grey IV 273
Let me walk you through the steps.
1. Cut and fold cardstock to make a 5.5" x 4.25" card.
2. Trim corrugated paper to 5.25" x 4". Attach to card. With paint brush, apply Gesso to the corrugated surface.
3. Trim woven paper to 4.5" x 3.5". Color lightly with Gelatos. Blend with Gesso. When dry, ink up stamp with Black Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamp on woven paper. Attach to corrugated paper.
4. Apply Gesso to muslin fabric. Let dry. Ink up stamp with Black Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamp on muslin. Color the stamped image with other colors of Stamper's Big Brush pens. Cut a rectangle around the stamped and colored image. Attach to woven paper.
5. Stamp sentiment on cardstock using Black Stamper's Big Brush pen. Add some color with Pink Madder Lake Stamper's Big Brush pen. Cut into a strip. Attach below the muslin piece to finish the card.
Here are some close-up shots of the card:
Hope you enjoyed the little tutorial and thanks for stopping by.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Around here, our interest in weaving started with Nini's school art project. She used a chipboard loom to make this:
We were fascinated by the simple process of her weaving and wanted to make some ourselves.
Then I got a loom from Amazon...
With whatever wool I could find right away, I made this in about 45 minutes... I've found something new to enjoy :)