Check out the details of this fun little project here.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Thursday, March 06, 2014
Because sometimes I'm just too lazy to get up and take a picture and sometimes, I just want to play with cute stamps and dies. The ones below are by Paper Smooches. I think I love the Deco Bag die the best. I used it with some kraft paper for an authentic brown paper bag look.
On this layout, I used
Paper Smooches Stamp set Vegtastic
Paper Smooches Stamp set Bold Buzzwords
Paper Smooches Die Deco Bag
Paper Smooches Die set Feathers
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
A blog hop is going on in collaboration with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft & Stampendous. Today my project is up at the Design Memory Craft blog.
On this card, I used
Stampendous Cling stamp Delicate Daisy
Stampendous Clear stamp Thoughful Wishes
Stampendous Jumbo clear handle
Others: cardstock, chipboard, adhesive, scissors, embossing ink, heat tool
You can recreate my card by following these steps:
1. Mount stamps to the clear handle. Ink stamps up with Stamper's Big Brush pen BLACK and stamp on cardstock.
2. Color the flower and stem with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils. Blend with Deluxe waterbrush. When dry cut around the outlines of the images with scissors.
3. Color 3" x 5" chipboard with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils # 133 & 143. Blend with Deluxe waterbrush. Let dry.
4. Dab embossing ink onto sections of the chipboard. Sprinkle Vinatge Mahogany Embossing Tinsel. Hold the chipboard up fall excess tinsel to fall off. Heat till the tinsel turns shiny. Repeat with Golden SAnd Embossing Powder. Apply the same technique to the center of the stamped flower and heat emboss.
5. Fold cardstock to make a 5.5" x 4.25" card. Color the card front with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils. Blend with Deluxe waterbrush.
6. Mount the chipboard to the card and attach the flower and sentiment as shown to finish.
Hope you enjoyed today's post and play with these products.
To enter to win prizes, go here.
Thanks for stopping by!
To enter to win prizes, go here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Monday, March 03, 2014
Hi everyone, Mou here and welcome to the third 'Take the Challenge' of 2014!
If you are new to this blog, let me fill you in about Take the Challenge. Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. We will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that month's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
We are in the last month of the first quarter of 2014...already! I'm already starting to re-evaluate some of the things that I planned for this year -- what to keep, what to set aside for now, what to drop, etc. And one core theme that's guiding my thought process significantly is satisfaction -- that of doing a job well, living up to my own expectations, meeting standards, etc. and above all feeling fulfilled in what I do, how I do it, who I do it with and for, and why I do it. When those pieces fit, I stay motivated, curious, and creative. I find that the greatest everyday motivator for me is loving what I do and wanting to do more of it. So, my motto is "Do what you love, love what you do."
What's your motto? Show us any project that captures the essence of your motto.
Here's my take: I altered a small cutting board I had sitting new in my kitchen cupboard for a while.
For this project, I used;Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Chalkboard Paint Jar 100 ml (#770316)
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gel Medium (#770303)
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Art GRIP Color Pencils:
- White # 101 (NEUTRAL #770134)
- Light yellow glaze #104 (YELLOW #770130)
- Light Magenta # 119 (RED # 770131)
- Light Blue # 147 (BLUE # 770133)
- Earth Green # 172 (GREEN # 770132)
Here's how you can create my project:
1. Color the wooden cutting board with Chalkboard Paint. No need to prime with Gesso here: I found that letting the Chalkboard paint sink into the unprimed wood was a good choice for this project . Use a couple of coats of Chalkboard Paint to get a smooth even coverage.
2. Once dry, use White Art GRIP Color Pencil to sketch the ribbon strip on the cutting board. I wanted the word 'love' to be somewhere near the middle, so I don't have to write it twice. Write your quote/motto with the White Art GRIP Color Pencil. If you need to correct any mistake, use the Eraser stick.
3. Once you are happy with the arrangement of things, go over the outlines with Stamper's Big White Pen. You could even color the back folds of the ribbon with it.
4. Fill in the negative spaces inside the ribbon strip with Art GRIP Color Pencils.
5. When everything is dry, seal the piece with a top coat of Gel Medium.
A variation of this would be use the piece as an actual chalkboard where you can easily erase and write new things with real chalk and duster.
Here's a close-up.
Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 3/14 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
The prizes for this challenge are: One set of 6 ct Art GRIP Color Pencils in the color of your choice and one Mini Journal Board.
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 3/17 to see if YOU won!
Good luck to all !
Thursday, February 27, 2014
It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW Paper Smooches March/April release with you! FOUR new stamps and EIGHT new dies will be available to purchase at midnight on March 5th (eastern time) (12:01 am on March 6th) You will find our new releases HERE.
To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!
- FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog
- The prize - a $25. gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
- Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win! (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)
- You have until midnight MT on Sunday, March 2nd to leave a comment.
- Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, March 3rd to see if you are one of the FOUR lucky winners.
Mou Saha (You are here, welcome!)
To increase your chances of winning:
- Tell us that you Facebooked about our blog hop
- Tell us that you Tweeted about our hop
- Tell us that you posted on your blog about our blog hop
(which means that you have up to three extra chances to win on each blog)
And here's my project for the hop.
Paper Smooches Stamp set My Guy
Paper Smooches Stamp set Seeing Stars
Paper Smooches Die set My Guy Icons
Paper Smooches Die set Super 2
Have fun hopping and good luck!